Gloucester maintains its perfect record in the Premiership Rugby Cup with a 40-14 victory.

Gloucester rugby cup photo

Gloucester secured their fourth consecutive victory in the Premiership Rugby Cup as they overcame Hartpury with a convincing 40-14 win, maintaining their dominance in Pool A. George Barton was the standout performer for Gloucester, contributing 10 points through his precise kicking, while Jack Clement was instrumental in the team’s six tries, which proved unstoppable for their Championship-level opponents.

In another thrilling match, Bristol faced off against Doncaster in Pool D, producing a remarkable encounter that featured a total of 14 tries and a staggering 98 points. Bristol emerged victorious with a scoreline of 57-41, keeping their hopes of advancing in the tournament alive. Their point tally from this match alone surpassed the 51 points they had accumulated in their first three games combined.

During the trip to Hartpury, Gloucester showcased their attacking prowess as Seb Blake, Matty Jones, Cam Jordan, and Santi Socino all contributed tries, earning their team a bonus point. The home side, Hartpury, managed to secure points through Henry Bazalgette’s penalties, including an impressive long-range effort and a drop-goal. Brad Denty scored the only try for Hartpury, giving them an early lead within the first two minutes. However, disciplinary issues hampered Hartpury’s progress, allowing Gloucester to regain control of the game.

In Yorkshire, Bristol demonstrated their offensive capabilities, with Sam Worsley scoring 17 points. Joe Owen was the star of the first half, netting two tries in rapid succession. Bristol continued their scoring, with Will Capon, Ed Holmes, Harry Rowson, Kieran Marmion, George Kloska, and Piers O’Conor each adding to the tally. Bristol secured a bonus point in just 32 minutes. Doncaster made valiant efforts, with Harry Davey scoring an early try and Maliq Holden and Tom Doughty crossing before halftime. Despite Doncaster’s second-half tries by Conor Davidson and Ehize Ehizode, they couldn’t close the gap, with Davey’s late second try being their only consolation.

Sam Olver contributed to Doncaster’s score with four conversions and a penalty. Unfortunately, Friday’s scheduled match between the Cornish Pirates and Jersey Reds was cancelled after Jersey announced they had “ceased trading.”